If you can help an animal in need, or, if you are looking to adopt a pet, check out our Appeals Directory listings.
- For adoptionProtectora de Animales de Avila. En el año 1994, un grupo de personas de buena voluntad empezó a recoger animales abandonados por la ciudad de Ávila, a curarlos, alimentarlos y a darles un techo: se trataba de una finca particular de uno de ellos. (Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
- For adoptionMissão : A SOS Animal – Portugal tem como missão proteger e defender todos os animais e o seu habitat, através da partilha de informação que estimule a compaixão, respeito e compreensão dos seres humanos para com todas as espécies. (Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
- For adoptionBea es la alegría del Refugio. Nació en mayo del 2016 y fue sacada de la perrera junto a sus hermanos, donde corrían mucho peligro por sus vidas. Todos sus hermanos se adoptaron pero ella no tuvo tanta suerte. Desde entonces sigue con nosotros esperando su momento. Su oportunidad. Ni siquiera conoce lo que es una familia y el calor de un hogar donde la quieran. Pero ella es alegre, equilibrada y cariñosa, perfecta para cualquier familia que adopte POR ellos (los perros) no PARA ellos (los adoptantes). (Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)
100% OF LOVE
It sucks that we can’t just scoop them all up and take them home with us. But, even if you can’t, someone you know may have that option. Or even, someone who knows someone you know.
Please pass as many appeals on as possible. Miracles happen every day!
SHELTERS & SANCTUARIES
- Founded in 1998 by Jill Robinson, from her home in Hong Kong, Animals Asia promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long-term change. We work to end the barbaric bear bile trade, which sees over 10,000 bears kept on bile farms in China, and, according to official figures, almost 1,000 suffering the same fate in Vietnam. Animals Asia has to date, rescued over 600 bears, caring for them at our award-winning bear sanctuaries in China and Vietnam. Animals Asia also works to end the trade in dogs and cats for food in China and Vietnam, and lobbies to improve the welfare of companion animals, promote humane population management and prevent the cross-border export of “meat dogs” in Asia. In addition, Animals Asia campaigns for an end to abusive animal practices in zoos and safari parks in Asia, and works closely with governing authorities to improve animal management and increase awareness of the welfare needs of captive animals. (Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
- VAFA shelter is a non-governmental charity that relies solely on private support from kind and generous donors and volunteers. Our shelter, as well as the Center for Animal Lovers, has made great strides over the past few years but there is much more to be done. Please consider making a contribution for the care of over 1000 homeless dogs. Your donations will pay for medications, spay/neuter surgery, pet meds, food, shelter maintenance and other expenses. Shelter staff, volunteers and the animals appreciate your care and concern. (Visited 69 times, 1 visits today)
- Fundada en Septiembre del 2011 ( Santuario Wings of Heart hasta Noviembre del 2018 ) la Fundación Santuario Vegan trabaja en el rescate y concienciación de los Animales de Granja. El santuario está situado en la sierra Oeste de Madrid y en estos momentos cuenta con 6 hectáreas y media de terreno en el que habitan más de 300 animales. En el santuario rescatamos ovejas, cabras, caballos, burros, vacas, toros, cerdos, gallinas, animales que han sufrido mucho y merecen una segunda oportunidad. Aquí les proveemos de cuidados y atenciones para que puedan llevar una vida lo más plena posible hasta su vejez y muerte natural. (Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)
Eco-friendly Business listings
Find a selection of the latest listings in all our directories below.
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.
“Make good choices today so you don’t have regrets tomorrow.”
Finding ethical alternatives for your every-day needs and desires is no longer a headache. Select businesses who choose an eco-friendly and cruelty-free business model from our Eco Business Map & Directory. And why not stay at an Eco Property on your next vacation? Visit our Eco Property Map & Directory.
Find what’s happening around you – farmer’s markets, environmental forums, courses, and plenty more…
- October 5, 2019, 10:00 am-October 6, 2019, 8:00 pmHey you!! We are VeggieWorld. We are trade fair organisers who enjoy a vegan lifestyle. Because everything we consume has an impact – on our bodies, on animals, on other people, and on the environment – we have come up with a trade fair and a platform that inspires people to follow a plant-based lifestyle. Therefore, VeggieWorld is about gaining something, and not about renouncing anything. It’s not about dogmatism, but about variety. It’s not about moral sermons, but about enjoying new possibilities. Here, you’ll get to know products that can’t be found in the supermarket, and you’ll discover vegan enjoyment. Further strengthened with tips and tricks by movers and shakers, producers, chefs and well-known people from the scene. You will also find plant-based clothing and cosmetics that make no compromises when it comes to form, colour and style. You’ll meet market entrants, people who have opted out, lateral thinkers, people who do things differently, and people who make things happen. You’ll meet people who live completely vegan and people who would like to see what a vegan diet is like and who would like to get to know this approach, step-by-step. Butchers in the 5th generation are also welcome to visit us. Because we would like to reach as many people as possible. Not only in Germany. But everywhere. We are open for something new. You, too? In April 2017 the first VeggieWorld Barcelona opened its doors – and it was an overwelming success! More than 5,000 visitors and over 70 exhibitors met at VeggieWorld. A big THANK YOU to all visitors and exhibitors. We decided to move VeggieWorld Barcelona from spring to autumn. This is beacause we want to avoid clashes with Biocultura and Alimentaria. Many nice pictures of the first edition of VeggieWorld Barcelona you find HERE. We had to find an alternative location though. As the visitor numbers were so unexpetatedly high we had to close the door for security reasons on both days in the afternoon. So we have decided to move to a larger hall – La Farga in L’Hospitalet. Tickets : 9,00 EUR inkl. VAT for adults. 7,00 EUR inkl. VAT for pupils, students, disabled, seniors Children up to the age of 14 are free. (Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)
Help change things for the things that matter by adding your voice and signature to these petitions.
- Another day, another crime committed by this Trump administration. A crime that will have outrageously dangerous effect on our lives. Per sumofos.org : “Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has declared a sham “emergency” to justify dousing 16 million acres of land with the bee-killing pesticide sulfoxaflor. Spraying that much of a bee-harming pesticide when bees are rapidly declining is dangerously irresponsible. “ There are multiple petitions. They all need our signature. Per care2 petitioner : “With colony collapse disorder wiping out the bee population and threatening entire ecosystems, it would seem that we should be especially careful about the pesticides we spray. Alas, the Trump EPA has decided to grant exceptions for a known bee-killing pesticide anyway. The EPA has decided that sulfoxaflor, a pesticide that the government itself has designated “very highly toxic” to bees, can be used in 11 states on roughly 14 million acres of crops — particularly for cotton and sorghum, a grain typically used to feed livestock. Technically, sulfoxaflor was banned four years ago when the 9th Circuit Court agreed that the research on the pesticide showed it to be far too dangerous. However, the EPA has found a way around that ruling by overriding the ban in situations that they deem an “emergency.” Action must be taken to ban this administration from fabricating and manipulating the law to satisfy their lobbyists in detriment to all our lives. Please take the time to sign this petition, whether you are in the US or abroad. Join forces. Thank you. You can sign the care2 petition here. And the petition at sufomos is here. (Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
- Greenpeace is looking for support to pressure international groups to take action against what is happening in the Amazon this year, where deforestation has reached unprecedented and dangerous numbers for us all. Per Greenpeace : “Losing the Amazon means losing the home of indigenous and traditional communities, precious habitats, and the fight against climate change. Preserving rainforests can contribute to solving the climate crisis we’re facing. That’s exactly what indigenous and local communities are doing. They are on the frontlines, facing the powerful agricultural, mining and logging industries. And the current Brazilian government wants to open the Amazon for exploitation.” Time to take action. Time to pressure the UN to take action. Ask those around you to sign Greenpeace’s petition. They may have an internationally recognizable name, but without our signatures, they have no power to pressure those in power. Adding your signature to this petition is not just supporting the local indigenous tribes who live in the Amazon. You will be supporting yourself and your loved ones. Please watch the video below to better understand what’s at stake. And consider joining our Brazil Group to add your voice to our community. We want to keep the pressure on. Talking about will keep the subject front and centre. Sign the Greenpeace petition to Save the Amazon. Thank you. (Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
- Over 300 million farmed animals suffer in cages across Europe. Together, we have the opportunity to end their suffering with the End the Cage Age European Citizens’ Initiative. We need 1 million verified names to call on the European Commission to end this inhumane treatment of farm animals. SIGN NOW to free farm animals by banning cages across Europe! (Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)