Please read this privacy statement to ensure that we are committed to keeping secure the privacy of our members’ details.
What information do we collect?
For your reference, we may require from you some information that may be considered as personally identifiable, such as :
- real name
- password (encrypted)
- e-mail address
None of the information you provide us about yourself will be passed on to any third party without your previous consent.
If you delete your account from OhSo, all your data will be deleted from our servers and databases.
All ohso.red site contents copyrights are reserved by ohso.red, and content copying and duplication are strongly prohibited.
Acceptance of agreements
By reading this you agree to our Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions you may not use this site.
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time so please visit this page regularly.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://ohso.red. We are a vegan, cruelty-free social media platform for like-minded people who wish to have a space on the Worldwide Web where we can hang out together.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do our utmost to block third-party tracking on our website but it is not always possible to control what our members are posting in real-time.
Our plugins send request to third party APIs via website-visitor’s web browser to fetch information (like social shares, social comment count). This request made by web browser may include IP address, which can then be seen by the third-party that it’s being requested from. This API request doesn’t include any personal data of the website user other than the IP address.
Who we share your data with
A certain amount of data will be shared with certain 3rd parties that help us provide this platform for you – the community, the eco-store, the directory, etc. We endeavour to source only 3rd-party partners that understand that data protection is a very positive step forward for all internet users. That is why, for example, we don’t run ads from 3rd party companies and, instead, run our own internal advertising platform.
3rd party Security plugins
We collaborate with a 3rd party partner to provide us with security on this website to stop spamming, trolling and hacking attempts. For this service to be rendered properly, our partner must collect certain information like your IP address, track which pages you visit on our website, track how you entered our website, etc.
For example, if you make a purchase at our Eco-Store, we will have to share your data with the company that will handle the payment transaction, and, as such, will have to share certain data like your name, address and email. The payment itself will be processed outside of OhSo (for example, at Paypal, Stripe or Skrill), so OhSo will never ask for or store any of your credit card of bank details. Learn more below under “The Eco-Store”.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For example, if you choose to delete your account on OhSo but have made a purchase on our website in the last 12 months, we will hold your relevant information we require to complete and ship to you the order you made. We keep this information only for 12 months for accounting reasons.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service to avoid spam and trolling from invading our community.
SECURITY MONITORING AND AUDITING
We use certain plugins for security monitoring and auditing to create a log of data about the ways that our web site is used by those who have login access to it. This information is collected and retained by the web site administrator for, as the name might suggest, security and auditing purposes.
Once activated, the plugin logs a timestamped record of when a logged-in user takes the following actions:
- Logs in and out;
- Creates, deletes or modifies or views a post (be it a page, post or a post with a custom type);
- Creates, deletes or modifies tags;
- Creates, modifies, deletes, or approves comments;
- Creates, modifies or deletes widgets and menus;
- Creates, modifies (this including changing the password), deletes a user or views another users’ profile;
- Installs, activates, deactivates, or uninstalls a theme or plugin;
- Changes system settings such as reading, general, or permalinks;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions on a multisite network such as creating a new site, creating a new user on the network, adding a user to a site, changing its role, etc;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions on a forum such as creating a new forum, deleting entries, changing forum settings, etc;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions in the store such as creating a new product, changing store settings, modifying the product, etc.
The timestamped record includes the following information:
- The user’s login name
- The user’s actual name as entered when their account was set up
- The user’s role (Author, editor, etc)
- The IP address from which the user accessed the site
- The time and date of each action detailed above while the user was logged in.
The data captured by the plugin is stored by the web site administrator for a period of [12 months] solely for security and auditing purposes.
Information captured by the plugin is accessed only by the administrators of the web site and is stored on the web site’s database. These administrators are located in the European Union.
Information captured by the plugin is not shared with third parties except in the case of law enforcement requests.
How we protect your data
- Our website is encrypted.
- We do not profile our users.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- We will regularly ask you to change your password.
- We keep a minimal amount of information about you – your name, email, OhSo password.
- We do not profile you and we do not keep any such profile in our databases.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Our Eco-Directory will automatically attempt to read your IP address to find what part of the world you are accessing our website from, so that you can be shown listings and appeals located in your geographic location.
To manage your orders, we need to collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed, and, to list the most recent products viewed for all our site’s visitors.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and, send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 12 months for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others – Store vendors
Our Eco-Store provides a space for Vegan and cruelty-free product vendors to promote and sell their products to our members and visitors. To complete a transaction, we must share the relevant information (as stated above) about you, so that our vendors can complete and ship your order to you.
Currently, payments are submitted directly from you to the vendor at the vendor’s website. OhSo does not process payments directly, so we will never ask you for or store any of your credit card or other payment details. For the vendor to process your order and proceed with the shipping of your order, we will have to share certain information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.